Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:23 PM
Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:08 AM
Couple of questions, will the drive play CD disks and what is the status of the drive in Device Manager?
Go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager > DVD/CD-ROM drives and then the + symbol, any yellow exclamation
marks or red Xs showing?
From your OP;
to replace the drive with a different
Do you mean you have replaced the original DVD/CD drive and the problem persists?
p.s. the dvd drive is a lightscribe
I know you have done a couple of things on the list below but one of the other suggestions may help;
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch (For Windows XP users) http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#misc
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
Thanks to Broni for the above instructions
EDIT: Can I also ask what SP you are using and do you have the boot or recovery disk/s for the computer?
Edited by phillpower2, 28 May 2011 - 03:32 AM.
Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:25 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users