Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need advice on a new desktop

• Please log in to reply

JRex

JRex

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi All,

I would like to build a new desktop. My current employment requires me to work with many systems (XP, Vista, Win 7, Linux) and different software that each requires control of sound in the registry. I would like to load a whole system (say Win7, office, and a screen reader) on a hard drive, and do this many times over with different versions of OS and screen readers. Then be able to swap my hard drive quick and easy or have multiple boot options in one desktop.

Is this possible? Cost on the OS, and software does not matter. Just is it possible to say use a Thermaltake Level 10 chassis and make a multi-boot OS. I'm looking at minimum of 5.

Thanks,
:unsure: :)

Advertisements