I've burned lots of .iso CDs over the last week (ImgBurn), but how do I alternatively create my own "base" iso file?
I kinda hate to ask - but this Recovery Disk is going to work, isn't it? (reference a comment elsewhere on the net about it requiring additional Windows disks)
If you DO NOT have your Windows XP disk
This just created a file called XPRC.ISO which is located in the Recovery Disk folder.
- Please create a new folder on your hard drive called RecoveryDisk
- Download recovery_console_cd.zip and unzip it to the newly created RecoveryDisk folder.
- Download the correct floppy disk setup package for your operating system from Microsoft and save it to the RecoveryDisk folder;
XP Home Original: Here
XP Pro Original: Here
XP Home SP1: Here
XP Pro SP1: Here
XP Home SP2: Here
XP Pro SP2: Here
- Rename the downloaded file to Bootdisk.exe
- Double click the RecoveryCD.bat file and follow the instructions.
- When you get asked if you want to burn a CD, type y and hit enter.
- A pop-up should come up, please click on Close
Edited by D Holliday, 28 May 2011 - 09:42 PM.