Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Creation Software/Programs

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
My daughter's open house for graduating high school is coming up this weekend and I was wanting to put together a video to play that has pictures and music in the background. Can anyone recommend a good program for me to use that will allow me to put the images in and put the music in? I had a friend's copy of Sony Vegas, but it didn't have the plug ins that would do anything fancy when switching pictures ... it just flipped from picture to picture. I have uninstalled that program and am looking for some help here.

Please and Thank You

dog

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
I know that Microsoft has a program called Windows Live Movie Maker.

You may want to check that out.

Link: http://explore.live....-maker?os=other

Kindest Regards,
SweetTech.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
My Uncle uses a program called Muvee Reveal and is a real fan of the software. I've never used it myself, so I can't confirm his review. But I see they do have a free trial you can check out.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Thanks for all the suggestions, but due to all the other stuff I had to do for our daughter's open house, I went back to using Sony's Vegas and did it without plug-ins.

@ SweetTech ... thanks, but not a big fan of Windows/Microsoft stuff and I couldn't add more than one song to the video with MovieMaker

@ Spyderturbo007 ... I downloaded the trial version, but haven't had time to look it over

@ rinapu ... I will take a look at this one as well.

Thanks again everyone!

dog