Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Critierion for the Evaluation of Importance

• Please log in to reply

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Every one of us is conversant with leaders, Royalty, aristocrats, rich people and high profile industrialists etc. etc. who go about the world with a Godly air of assumed great importance, arrogance and superiority.

Well, I would suggest that each one of these conceited impersonators look in the mirror and ask themselves :-

"If I were to die today, would society, the country or the world miss me ?"

If the answer is NO, then YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT !

Advertisements

Thunder7102

Thunder7102

GeekU Freshman

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Do I see a bit of deeply embedded irritation at such leaders? A better question is, if you would not care, why make a thread about it?

John Bull

John Bull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Do I see a bit of deeply embedded irritation at such leaders? A better question is, if you would not care, why make a thread about it?

No harm meant and no personal hangups on this, just trying to define human Importance in realistic terms rather than by wealth, pedigree or false assumption.

Not really a thread, but simply an "Off Topic" remark which actually 9 out of 10 people do not fully appreciate. A kind of analogy between the mental attitude of Lemmings as against that of the Intelligentsia.

It is supposed to be a true but humorous analogy. Not intended as an all time thread beater.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You are important to your family, friends and your dog. Everyone else is fluff.
~J

John Bull

John Bull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

~J

Johanna - You are an angel and qualify for the title of "super intelligent". My silly little definition is actually very true if you absorb the words and precise meaning of it. Your comment is absolutely correct in every detail.

Well done Johanna, you have passed the test and JB adores you.

? if the richest person in the US died today, say Carlos Slim Helu of Microsoft worth $53 billion, would the world miss him ? Answer = NO, but if Colonel Gaddafi died today, would the world miss him ? Answer = YES, so who is the most IMPORTANT person, Mr. Turd-ball Carlos Slim Helu: or Colonel Gaddafi ? Answer = Colonel Gaddaffi.

John

John Bull

John Bull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

~J

Johanna - You are an angel and qualify for the title of "super intelligent". My silly little definition is actually very true if you absorb the words and precise meaning of it. Your comment is absolutely correct in every detail.

Well done Johanna, you have passed the test and JB adores you.

? if the richest person in the US died today, say Carlos Slim Helu of Microsoft worth $53 billion, would the world miss him ? Answer = NO, but if Colonel Gaddafi died today, would the world miss him ? Answer = YES, so who is the most IMPORTANT person, Mr. Turd-ball Carlos Slim Helu: or Colonel Gaddafi ? Answer = Colonel Gaddaffi.

John