Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Raid 1 setup on a Asus M4A88T-M

• Please log in to reply

copper2011

copper2011

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I am new to computer building and have just built my first computer. The processor is a AMD Athlon II X4 640 and the motherboard is a Asus M4A88T-M running Windows Home XP. I have built the computer and it starts up fine and runs great, however I want to utilize the onboard Raid 1. My instruction book is not helpfull at all. Experimaenting I have found if I enter bios and select sata drive configuration and set to raid then restart system the systems goes into a hunt for raid drives and gives me a few seconds to enter into raid setup. I setup as raid 1 and make all the changes necceassary and save them. Upon restart and not entering raid setup agian the screen just flashes the cussor and nothing happens I then blank out and reformatted both drives and agian setup raid 1 and then it wants to install Xp. Before XP setup I hit f6 to load 3rd party drivers and when it asks for them I put in Asus disk that came with motherboard and it can not find drivers. I forget when but at some point it says when trying to install XP that it cant find any installed drives ( I think that is when I dont hit f6 for third party drivers). What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
F6 drivers for XP can only ever come off a floppy (internal or external). Putting the Asus disk in isn't going to solve anything.
If you do not have a floppy drive or floppy disks, it may be beneficial to borrow them from a friend if possible for the amount of use you're going to get out of them :)

copper2011

copper2011

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the response. I will look on the Asus cd hopefully there is something about making a floppy disk for f6 drivers for Raid.