window 7 FAKE ANTIVIRUS
Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:25 PM
Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:47 AM
Please give me an update on the situation.
Is this still the case? If so, please do this:
Right now after restart computer only see blank screen and mouse pointer, whats going on here? cant click on anything
Follow these first steps on another PC:
Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing.
- Download OTLPEStd.exe to your desktop.
- Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive.
- Double click OTLPEStd.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD.
- Reboot the infected system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here.
- As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads.
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy.
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location.
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes.
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes.
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK.
- OTL should now start.
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt.
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.
Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:40 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users