Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Charter Internet Issues

• Please log in to reply

amanduh

amanduh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey! I just recently upgraded my router to a Cisco Valet-N router. Everything was working fine up until the point Charter gave me a free upgrade to "faster internet." Now, my laptop freezes on the internet, locks up, and forces me to force close Firefox. This only happens if I can get to the web pages I want to in the first place. I know it is not my laptop because I just restored it about a week ago; plus, my younger brother's desktop is brand new and he has the same issues. I have tried restoring my brother's computer and even ran a hardware diagnostic test outside of Windows to see if he has a hardware issue, which it does not. Also, we have tried resetting the router. My router is under a year old, so I plan on swapping it out at Best Buy under the MFG warranty if all other options fail. Also, I plan on calling Charter tomorrow when I get off work, but was just seeing if anyone has any hints to fix the issue!! THANKS

Advertisements