Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Audio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

brettt777

brettt777

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
So I updated the Realtek audio drivers in my Asus G73, hoping to have a better audio console; these drivers are suppose to be "Creative X-fi" drivers or some such thing. Anyway, they didn't do what I wanted to do. The audio console won't work for some reason. I'm not real concerned about that. The problem is, my laptop speakers are doing weird things, as in, there seems to be a mystery speaker inside the laptop. Most of the time I have some sort of external speakers plugged into the laptop. This mystery speaker seems to work along with the external speakers. The only time I can get the thing to shut up is when I turn that external output down. Before I updated the drivers, etc. I never had this other speaker. I didn't know it was there. It is definitely not one of the laptops regular speakers or the subwoofer. I can control those and they only work if the external speakers or headphone is not plugged in. What I would really like to do is go back to the old drivers because I never had any problems with them and all the speakers worked only when they were suppose to. Now, if I'm trying to listen to headphones only, I have this mystery speaker on at the same time; kinda defeats the purpose. So what is the deal with this thing? Where is the thing? It seem to be inside the laptop somewhere. I saw something about a speaker volume in the bios but it was greyed out and wouldn't let me adjust it. Why would they have this mystery speaker in the middle of the laptop somewhere? It isn't mentioned at all in the manual. What can I do to shut this thing up?

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
This is a duplicate thread.

Dup. thread