Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying problem

• Please log in to reply

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Update:I came back home,the computer was off and the power on button was blinking :S .
Is there any way to fix all these problems?
Tried repair agaim,at the pre-load it showed an error,something like usb.sys is corrupted or destroyed.
So many probleeems.

Edited by Filippos, 05 June 2011 - 06:27 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I came back home,the computer was off and the power on button was blinking

Could be hibernate or power saving feature.
Could be a faulty PSU

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
How can i run this program?I can't even log into windows,if i don't boot from the cd,the windows load but then a black screen appears and the only thing i can see is my mouse cursor.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Will it boot into Safe Mode?
If not does it load drivers and stops on a particular driver and if so what is it showing as the last driver it loads?

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
It only loads windows,boot screen.After that a black screen come up.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK if that is the case then you will probably need to do a repair or parallel installation.
Since the repair earlier did not work then I believe your best bet is a parallel installation.
This will install a second Windows on your system and you can then test it to make sure it works correctly. If so then we can move your data over to the new installation but all your programs would have to be reinstalled along with all updates.
I am including the instructions for it below.

Parallel Installation of Windows XP

Boot to the Windows XP installation cd by pressing a key when the "Press any key to boot from cd" prompt appears at the top of the screen.
  • At the "Welcome to Setup" screen, press Enter to set up Windows XP.
  • Accept the License Agreement by pressing F8
  • With your current installation selected in the box, press Esc
  • Select C: Partition1 [NTFS] in the box and press Enter
  • To continue setup using this partition, press C
  • Now you should see formatting options...choose the last one, Leave the current file system intact (no changes), and press Enter
  • To use a different folder, press Esc
  • Name the folder WINDOWS0 (just type a 0 (zero)) and press Enter
The Windows installation should begin. This will install Windows to a new folder, leaving your data intact. Any programs installed on the old directory will have to be reinstalled to the new one. Device drivers will also have to be installed for all the hardware to work as it should.

The data will be located in the Documents and Settings folder (C:\Documents and Settings) under your old user account name...so when you set up the new installation, give yourself a slightly different user account name.

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
We are moving out and i don't have internet access atm.I did what u said,installed it.The only problem is that i can't acivate windows since i don't have internet connection,i got the product key but no internet connection -.-.
I have to wait 2-3 days,and i will inform you.

Thanks for your help :unsure: :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

The only problem is that i can't acivate windows since i don't have internet connection,i got the product key but no internet connection

You can always call Microsoft with your code and they can activate it over the phone for you I believe. Once you get internet and log on then Windows should activate with no problems. Probably a lot less hassle to wait till you get internet though.

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes but,they are asking me for the product ID?What is the product id and where can i find it?I got the product key,my only question is>Product ID=Product KEY?If yes,they are asking me for the first 6 characters while my product key got 4-5 teams of 5 characters each team(e.g>T3FS5-5DFDS etc etc.),can't explain exactly since my english level is not so good.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Product ID is product key

You have something wrong then
Did you use the same version that was originally loaded on your system?

Advertisements

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Actually the stick dissapeared with the original on my pc,my brother bought windows 7 so i could use his CD and his product key,only i use this product key.Any idea?:)
Last time i formatted my pc this key worked,but i didn't activated from phone,normally with internet but now i have wireless and i must install some sh*Ts i think and thats why i ain't have internet atm

Edited by Filippos, 11 June 2011 - 05:56 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

my brother bought windows 7 so i could use his CD and his product key,only i use this product key.Any idea?

Is the Win7 the original OS that was installed on your system?
Also if he bought it then his might be a retail and the one on your system would have been a OEM
They keys won't exchange like that. If he has Win7 installed on his system with the product key then you can't install it on your system legally using his product key.
If you are using wireless and need the drivers then please give me the make and model again and I will look for it.

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
He bought windows 7 he is using differnet product key,windows xp was installed on my comp.
I'll go home to check about the drivers

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then what product key are you using to install his win7?

Filippos

Filippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
He had windows xp,now he's using windows 7 asnd i got his windows xp cd+key.