Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

No repairpoint

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok i'm not sure what is wrong with my computer but i am affraid it is a-lot. It started two days ago after a registry check and a full c: drive. I cleaned it via windows and by deleting all repairpoint (system restore point) except for the last one. After that i cannot open the repair point at all, internet explorer is vanished so are the windows games like free cell etc and the search option (documents, music files etc) is gone as well. I have no clue what i've done. The DVD drive went awall as well but i managed to get that one back.

Help is much much needed....!!!

My computer is an acer aspire 3690 and i run xp office 2003

EDIT: i followed the folling advice

Go to Start -> Run and type or paste each of the following commands, one at a time while pressing enter after each one.

regsvr32 jscript

regsvr32 vbscript

regsvr32 /i mshtml => created a problem it said mshtml is loaded inputpoint (translated from dutch) DIIRegisterserver cannot be found mshtml is no DDL or OCX-file

HOWEVER this did seem to fix some issues (i get the restore point window now) but i would still very much appreaciate if someone took a closer look at my hardware/computer. It is an old beast but it just cannot die on me this moment!!!!!

Edited by beefheart_1, 02 June 2011 - 03:25 AM.