Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

kiddagoat

kiddagoat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been having this same BSoD since I built my machine about 3 weeks ago. I have tried new drivers, I have updated all of my software. The error randomly occurs whether I am playing a game, browsing the web, or my computer is sitting idle. I have tried the onboard NIC as well as a USB Wireless card. The issue still occurs. I am running NOD32 antivirus software and I have my windows firewall turned off. The attached dumpfile shows what I have been getting in BlueScreenView for the past 3 weeks.

I have tried a WinSock reset. I even tried the msinfo32 as listed on microsoft's website. I have 8 elements under the Components -> Network -> Protocol. According to MS I should have 10.

My RAIDs are reporting no issues and I am not experiencing any thermal issues.

Thoughts??

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I found one post in a thread here: BSOD STOP in tcpip.sys 0X000000D1 that pointed to two hotfixes:

kb976527
kb977067

On my Win 7 Pro X64 system, the tcpip.sys info is:

Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Size: 1.83MB
Date Modified: 11/20/2010

kiddagoat

kiddagoat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried to install both updates/hotfixes. Everytime I goto install them, I get an error saying that the particular update does not apply to this computer. I am really considering a repair install of Windows 7. I do have SP1 installed if that helps.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I've read several reports saying you should uninstall SP1 before doing a Repair install. Not sure if this is necessary but it can't hurt. Reinstall SP1 after the repair completes.