Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with my PC

• Please log in to reply

iheartmaryjane

iheartmaryjane

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
when windows logs in, sometimes it only shows the wallpaper, no icons, no task bar, nothing but a wallpaper, i can CTRL ALT DEL. but i cant new task explorer.exe, i have to restart, or relog windows and eventually everything appears, any help would be appreciated, ive also tried a windows restore, but still seems to be doing this.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
How long have you waited to see if the rest of the desktop finally appears?
Is it reproducible? Anything that triggers it?

Can you start Task Manager from Ctrl+Alt+Del? If so, what processes are running? Are any using a lot of CPU time?

iheartmaryjane

iheartmaryjane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
can wait for ever and nothing appears, i dont know if anything triggers it, its doing it alot more frequently now, i currently on safe mode, cause i cant get in. seems like the normal process's are running, explorer is up to, tried ending that and running a new task as explorer.exe
http://imageshack.us...1060300087.jpg/ these are the process's when i cant log on.
well i just found something interesting, restarted my PC again, found the process called daemonu.exe, i ended that and the rest if my desktop displayed, i just google searched daemonu.exe, and it says its something from Nvidia, should i reintsall my Video card drives?

Edited by iheartmaryjane, 03 June 2011 - 11:00 AM.

DarkSchalie

DarkSchalie

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Before trying to re-install, try this. open up run, and type msconfig, and hit enter. Go to the startup tab, and find daemonu.exe, and uncheck it. Apply, and restart.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I would see if there is an updated driver for your video.

iheartmaryjane

iheartmaryjane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
i updated before this all happened i guess, but i didnt uninstall the previous drivers and run driver sweeper like i usually do, could of corrupted something,
and to darkshalie, there was no daemonu.exe in startup, but also ending process's related to nvidia restored the desktop, Ntune......exe, i closed this on the startup and problems went away, i'll do a complete driver uninstall and reinstall the drivers.