Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing possible FakeAlert

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Middlegrove

Middlegrove

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
HI,

My wife clicke on something that I believe allowed trojan onto her computer.

It hid all of her desktop icons as well as all of her files, documents, photos, etc

After running malwarybytes, iExlpore.exe and unhide.exe I seemed to get her computer back to normal.

However, today we can't access the internet. When clicking Internet Explorer, the following message appears:

"Internet Explorer has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Also, in the address bar of her homepage, where it would normally go directly to google.com,
it has http://g.msn.com/USCON/1

Ran the above mentioned programs, but no success. Still can't access the internet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Multiple requests for assistance posted...please stick with this topic and wait patiently until a helper is available and or replies to your waiting room topic, thank you.