Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Many Bytes do I use in a month ?

• Please log in to reply

Road Runner

Road Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hello all,

I am a Geek U Malware Student and have a question........

In all honesty I'm not sure if the Hardware section is the place to post......but here goes.

When I use my Verizon phone it has a link to tell me how much "data" has been exchanged..........it also has a chart for a "wireless card" I have and even usage for a "mobile hotspot" I can engage from my phone.

I pay for WAY MORE data capacity than I use..........

Thats ok......however I would like to have a simple way to see how much data transfer there is through my home computers......

I think that would involve monitoring at the "router level"......that would be fine with me......but it would be nice to see how much each computer uses...... but thats secondary to total use........

Any suggestions ??????

If this is in the wrong area please accept my apology and kindly move it to the right area...

Sincerely ,

and....

BEEP BEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Road Runner

Advertisements

ImJustsayin

ImJustsayin

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
Check with your ISP. I ca log into my account and see usage each month. As far as bandwith usage at any moment in time, I am not sure

gorham

gorham

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
how about this:

NetMeter is a free bandwidth monitoring tool which watches both your upload and download usage. There are lots of options you can configure such as the color and font scheme as well as which network cards you want to watch (in the event you have more than one). Another handy feature is NetMeter can project your anticipated usage which may be attractive for those with limations.

http://www.pcmech.co...andwidth-usage/

or

Windows only: Keep a close eye on the comings and goings of your bits and bytes with the Freemeter bandwidth monitor, a graphing tool that shows your PC's upload and download activities in real time.

Additionally Freemeter bundles in some useful networking tools, like ping, traceroute, and IMAP and POP email notifiers. The graphs are highly configurable, show upload and/or download traffic, and can monitor any and all network interfaces (wifi, wired network, 1394, etc.) All in all a useful little bandwidth tool for seeing what kind of data volume you've got flowing in and out of your PC. Freemeter is a free download, Windows only

http://lifehacker.co...onitor--windows

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I was going to suggest NetMeter too. But really, checking your router logs would be better.

See http://www.wallwatcher.com/