Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not receiving E-mail notification

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm not receiving any notification E-mails for any of the threads I've posted in or subscribed to. The only way I know what is happening is to use My Content.

Anyone else having this problem?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Hi, ztruker. :) Have you checked your spam? We migrated to a different server/data center, so there were DNS changes. A lot of people found notifications going to spam after the change.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 7,091 posts
There is no Spam folder. It's a Gmail based account using my whatthetech.com E-mail address. I just recently changed my E_mail address to this. I'll change it back and see what happens.

Thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I changed it back to my normal E-mail account and I'm receiving notices again. Must be something to do with the whatthetech.com (G-mail based) E-mail. I'll look into it again when I get back from an upcoming trip.

curiousmiss

curiousmiss

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello i'm having the same problem where i'm not receiving my facebook notifications. I joined in april 2011 and i check all the areas for fb to notify me and i dont get except for some emails and add and friend confirmation please help me what is going on what to do

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: curiousmiss

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved. I'm not sure what notifications you are looking for since you show no topics you have started and only one post you have made which is this one. What notifications are you not getting?
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Please post more information as to your exact issue in your topic. Include any error messages you get as well as your system specs. This will help us to assist you more efficiently.
Thank you for your cooperation.