Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Errant Windows Install won't quit

• Please log in to reply

scout1

scout1

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Installing A Microsoft product, MindManger, and it appearred to hang up right at the end. Didn't lock up pc, but progress bar frozen at end position. Waited for 15 minutes w/o change. Clicked on Cancel button for install. No luck. Finally went into task manager and killed the process.

Next bootup I'm informed I have a new program installed. Successfully launched (kinda) but indicated software trial version had expired ... though I have a valid s/n, software. So decided to un-install and start over. Program shows up on the add/remove program list, but fails to un-install. Message is
"another installation is already in progress, complete the installation prior with this install".

So I guess something froze during install and I terminated, so windows thinks there is still one in process.

How can I kill the "current" install in process ?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. What operatring system - windows xp professional 64 bit, 32 bit etc.
2. How were you installing
3. MindManger - clarify please.
4. Ctrl Alt Delete - Task Manager - Process - end