Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Smart Spyware

• Please log in to reply

Blinky

Blinky

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Has anyone found a good solution for dealing with spyware that Senses the installation of anti spyware software?
Other than format and reinstall?
I'' try to determine it from hijackthis.

Client of mine has something on his machine, that during the install of Microsoft's Anti Spyware, Adaware, and Spybot, closes the installation down on me!

How can you defeat these guys!

I know previous versions of adaware and spybot were on the machine, but just RUNNING them gets them closed down.
I tried closing all open apps i could, but no use. Networking Safe mode, i can install/run/update adaware and spybot and delete a few 'spies', but microsofts version can't be installed during safe mode.

I've seen them hijack ie like crazy, but this is the first time i've seen spyware that senses everything you do to get rid of it.
AVG doesn't pick up anything.

I know for a fact he has something on there...Trying all weekend to remember it..Online trend micro scan says it detects ...Keep thinking mugly_i but know that is a bit wrong. Positive it ends in _i :tazz:
Other online virus scanners drew blanks.

So, the question: Any idea how to get microsofts anti spyware program on in safe mode?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
use a program like Process Explorer from sysinternals or good old taskkill if you have xp pro to shut down all tasks that are non essential, see if that can get your programs installed.