Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems after virus removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

Let's try another tool. Please do this:

• Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
  • Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)

Advertisements

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi, I was looking into reinstalling windows. Now it's not that bad. Skype is working and internet is working without redirecting. After exeHelper it's not asking me to choose the program. THANK YOU!!! I got Kaspersky and MCAfee antivirus so hopefuly it will block future viruses.

exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20100414
Run at 20:43:05 on 06/18/11
Now searching...
Checking for numerical processes...
Checking for sysguard processes...
Checking for bad processes...
Checking for bad files...
Checking for bad registry entries...
Resetting filetype association for .exe
Resetting filetype association for .com
Resetting userinit and shell values...
Resetting policies...
--Finished--

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

I'm glad to hear that but please don't install and run two real-time antivirus programs at a same time. Please use only one. Kaspersky or McAfee but not both.

I would also like to know if you can make a OTL scan now. Open it and click on Quick scan button. Then tell me how it goes. Please.:)

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.