Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Homefront crashes again and again

• Please log in to reply

DrL3cter

DrL3cter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

this is my first post here and first of all: I use my PC for work and play, so I nearly have no idea about computerstuff. Secondly I am from germany and my english is kinda bad. so please always keep in mind: I am an idiot who doesn't understand you! :)

A'right: I bought Homefront several days ago, installed it and tried to start playing in multiplayer. Quick Start, wait some seconds, choose weapon and got spawned. Take a look around and *pow* the game crashes to desktop with no information. While repeating that I started to look thru the internet and found:
Change in GCengine.ini ***d3d10=true to false (sry can't remember it right now); change in steam -> properties -> set lunch options -d3d9; disable steam cloud sync; verify integrity of game cache

done.

While doing change after change and try running the game the "unexpected graphic error" occured. Internet gave several solutions additional to the upside named changings:
reinstall directx, physX, C++

during this changings also the error changes:
"pure virtual function being called while application was running"
I started to search for that and found this forum, so I decided to stop change things and ask an expert.
nothing helped, sometimes I was able to play some rounds, but it repeats.
Quality is very low and all process are closed.
Btw: In Singleplayer mode the game also crashes at different parts of the intro but at the scene when the bus starts moving latest.

Anyone any idea? Please take my hand and lead the way out of the jungle, this game seems to be very cool!

Thanks for help,
DrL3cter

EDIT: I started my PC to watch NBA now, when I noticed that my Background reappeared. It got lost within the changes. So I tried to play and it worked without any problems. After some rounds the next map started, the PC got very noisy, i got spawned and *pow* ... Now my Background disappeared again. Seems to be a problem with the Videocard, mh? I installed also a new .. don't know the word.. application(?) for the readeon gt 460 in my pc. I am sure that may be helpfull!

DrL3cter

Edited by DrL3cter, 05 June 2011 - 06:01 PM.

Advertisements