Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this forum all but dead?

• Please log in to reply

Miso

Miso

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
It seems to be. Not only has my post in the malware forum been not touched but even general discussions posts have very few people "talking".

I wonder which other forums are people going to instead?

Edited by SweetTech, 06 June 2011 - 02:46 PM.
moved from Applications to Feedback forum.--ST

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Malware topic needs to be posted in the waiting room as you may have been overlooked. Post a link to your malware topic with the original posting date.
I'm sorry you have been over looked but we have been extremely busy and sometimes topics get missed.

Road Runner

Road Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Miso,

I do not want to insult you.....however....

look back at the growing history of this site........

and something that isn't apparent to EVERYONE is that the site is going through major transitional changes...

This is going on to BETTER prepare Malware Warriors to help others FOR FREE

I am sorry your needs have not been addressed as promptly as the higher ups here want to....but.....this time of hick ups......are just a time before the site gets EVEN BETTER

RR

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Read some of the helper's signatures, one of them being Sari, I saw her's today.

They are all volunteers doing it on their own time and you have to appreciate that for what it is, even if it takes a while sometimes. They have lives just like the rest of us and many of the helpers/staff are adults with families and jobs.

beep9362

beep9362

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
It is amazing how much time it takes for the volunteer teachers to try to teach us, who want to learn Malware Removal, and how hard it is to learn the correct ways.
I admire their patience and understand why some posts aren't answered, there is just too much new Malware coming up daily, and only so few helpers.

This forum is not dead, it is very busy behind the scenes. The very best helpers are giving their time to this forum, please be patient and understanding.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Fellow classmates and rshaffer61,

Your patience, understanding, and guidance is to be commended. What I find amazing is every time someone posts in the Removal forum they are taught just how to prevent from being reinfected, yet they do not learn. :unsure: We don't just give our time freely to others to remove their malware due to bad surfing habits, we do our best to teach them what caused their infection then give them the tools they need to prevent from being repeat victims so that we can focus our precious time on those who we have not had the pleasure to teach.........yet!

How can the good guys ever win if no one learns from our guidance? :)

sigh...............Removing Malware is a never ending battle and it's only getting worse.

Road Runner

Road Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

How can the good guys ever win if no one learns from our guidance? :)

Donna....Malware is a WAR.......and I personally don't think it a War we can WIN in the sense the bad guys turn tail and run from our overpowering efforts on the right side........The best we can do NOW is fight.....We win Battles but the WAR doesnt end.....the bad guys just come up with another set of tactics and pitch another BATTLE......Communitys like this BEAT THEM in the Battle but not before there are innocent casualty's.

All we can do is what we can do......All the way from Admin........down to the slowest student ever (me) and everyone in between.

Lets Keep Fighting......We are on the Right Side !!!!!!!!!!!

Beep Beep

RR

beep9362

beep9362

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
All your thoughts are so true, (everyone who has made a post here defending GTG), it is a slow process to learn, so much is new compared to even 5 years ago.
I often wonder why I am so slow, but I do want to understand everything our teachers try to teach us.

Lets Keep Fighting......We are on the Right Side !!!!!!!!!!!

:)