Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound card

• Please log in to reply

jayme93

jayme93

• Pip
  • 9 posts
OK so i have posted this Q on 2 other forums with no results. so, i here i go again! my motherboards onboard audio does not work and i need a sound card with an internal spdif connector on it. the reason:so that i can connect my asus engts250 graphics cards audio to it. my graphics card requires this connector, either form the graphics card to the motherboard or form the graphics card to the sound card, via a spdif connector. someone please give me the names of some sound cards that have this feature.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
One should be enough, I have closed the other threads. Possibly a glitch causing it to be posted multiple times.

jayme93

jayme93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks! i have no idea how that happened?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You never know. Maybe running backups on the server or something.

Just wondering, could you run the SPDIF cable into an external connector and run the cable through an open PCI slot? I don't think I've ever seen any with internal slots (that I can think of).

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Would this be what you are looking for,

> http://www.spotit.co..._1_Channel.aspx

jayme93

jayme93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yes something like that lol! its a litttle expensive but its a good start. now i have something to work with FINALLY! i never realized something so simple could be so hard to find. thanks!

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
It's about the cheapest I could find. The price really jumps, some over $200.

Depends on what your system is. Might be worth looking an upgrade to the Mobo.

Edited by iammykyl, 06 June 2011 - 05:27 AM.

Printer66

Printer66

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I've found, in my experience, that Turtle Beach makes a pretty solid sound card. Their Montego DDL has S/PDIF In and Out. It retails for about $60 more info available @ http://www.turtlebea...ontego-ddl.aspx I haven't used this card, but I'm currently using their other PCI board in my desktop and it works great.

jayme93

jayme93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i found one, it is an Asus Xonar DG PCI 5.1 Channel Sound Card. similiar to the one suggested earlier. it is 33 bucks! so thanks to everyone who responded and helped.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Wow good finding guys, well done.