Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Ultimate Random Freezing

• Please log in to reply

Noitora

Noitora

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hello, I am usually one to fix my own issues but this one is a starting to get on my nerves, I have been randomly freezing whenever I get on this computer, it will happen just out of blue whether I am playing a game, movie or anything. I need to know how to repair this problem and need to know the procedures in order to learn how to log this kind of thing.

*My system specs are AMD IIX4 965 3.40 Ghz, Mobo GA-880GA-UD3H, GRAPHICS CARD NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800GT

Edited by Noitora, 07 June 2011 - 01:35 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What do you mean by freezing?

Does it require you to power off/on to recover or is it a temporary freeze (few seconds to a few minutes)?

Does it happen if you boot to Safe Mode with Networking?

Any recent driver updates installed?

Noitora

Noitora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I just updated everything and removed several programs, I found out it was a corrupted registry. Sorry for the filler =(

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Okay, thanks.