Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

tippet

tippet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First let me say thanks so much for any info /advice anyone is willing to give here...I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I have a Dell dimension 9200 couple yrs old out of warranty...about a month ago I booted up to blue screen and couldn't do a thing. Dropped it off to a techie who got it running 2 weeks later for a couple hundred bucks ( reason for failure was somewhat ambivalent - possibly a virus, although I never ever surf with this puter it is only used for charting purposes and is loaded with eset.. ) He loaded up service pack 3 and said I would have to reload my drivers for the video card as he couldn't locate them( matrox quad card ) Upon downloading drivers from the site I was treated with a code 41 (device driver for this hardware successfully downloaded but cannto find the hardware device ) ..spent 2hours on the phone with cust service from matrox and they were at a loss... diagnosis card probably fried. So I purchased a couple of nvidia quadro nvs 290 cards stuck them in the puter loaded up the new drivers and was treated to the same error code 41. Spent a couple of hours with very patient pny tech support and still havent gotten anywhere. During the process we realized I could no longer boot up into safe mode?? and was being met with following message upon booting up- your display driver has changed, the auto rotation feature needs to reinstall the rotation driver. If this message reappears, please update your display drivers. Please re-install now. I'll end with any earlier display drivers were deleted before beginning the process. any help would be welcomed. P

Advertisements