- Was running a dell dimension with a 350W power supply.... anyways... my little brother was messing with the PC and screwed something up. The computer would turn on just not display anything on the monitor. I figured that he screwed up the motherboard being that was what he was messicng with. I did my reading up on it and a lot of posts said that the problem sounded like power supply failure.
- I decided that the computer was getting old anyways and that I was going to build a new one. I ordered all of my parts..
500gb sata drive
2.9ghz amd AM3 processor
500 Watt power supply
- Everything came in EXCEPT the case.... I decided to use the computer without the case while I waited on it to be delivered. The power supply that came with the order was bent in many places and to no suprise was dead on arrival... I was very frustrated, didn't know what to do... BUT I did keep the old power supply from the dell.... so I figured what the heck I'll give it a shot...
- The computer fired right up! I was starting the computer by making a connection on the motherboard with a metal object because I didn't have a switch yet (no case)... thats besides the point but anyways the computer ran FINE! 2 whole days... I got Windows 7 installed and all updated and everything.
- The case finally came in for the computer, I got everything in the case... Hit the power button... it fires up..... NOTHING... fans are spinning, hard drive is running, lights are on except monitor acts as if there is no connection. Also when I plug in the ethernet cable I get NO lights. I have the computer setup with teamviewer and got on another PC to see if I could remote into it.. couldn't. ... so this is not just a video problem, it is something with the motherboard or power supply?!?! BUT IT WAS 100% WORKING BEFORE I PUT IT INTO THE CASE!
I have checked connections 1000 times, whats going on here?
- If the power supply was bad why was it working before I got it into the case??
Any help is appreciated!