Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP comp is freezing more than usual

• Please log in to reply

arizuka

arizuka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Great that gives you more security now.
Have you reduced the restore points space?

yep. things seemed faster after that; firefox loaded quicker, etc. it was previously up to the max amount. i guess i can't immediately say whether this stuff stops the freezing issue, i'll have to wait and see.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is good to hear.
I would suggest running another Defrag to clean everything up again. Also how many toolbars do you have on your FF?
They will slow FF or IE down trying to load all that nonsense also when starting them.
If you want we can try to disable them and load them one at a time to see which one is causing the most slowdown when loading.

arizuka

arizuka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

That is good to hear.
I would suggest running another Defrag to clean everything up again. Also how many toolbars do you have on your FF?
They will slow FF or IE down trying to load all that nonsense also when starting them.
If you want we can try to disable them and load them one at a time to see which one is causing the most slowdown when loading.

toolbars? I don't think I have any other than the main one with a choice of searches (google, youtube, wiki, etc.). will run another defrag though. thanks for all your help so far. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 28 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 21 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

arizuka

arizuka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I haven't had any freezes since this thread. I'm guessing it was the restore point thing and maybe the java that was causing it. However, I've also been defragging weekly, so that might be helping too.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the update and I'm sure the regular maintenance is helping out a lot. :)