Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with blue screen error and reboot

• Please log in to reply

mtang45

mtang45

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been working on fixing my fathers computer and have just about exhausted my knowledge on the subject so thought I would turn for some expert advice. He is running McAfee for virus protection and it detects nothing. However, his machine will throw up a blue screen error that says something about fatal error, restarting to protect... And I can't read anymore because it goes blank and begins the reboot process. I've seen enough blue screens in my life to seriously believe that this one is fake. It will continue to display the blue error screen and reboot about every 4 to 5 minutes like clockwork. It does not happen when running in safe mode. Anyone have any suggestions as to whats going on here and how to fix?

Thanks
Mark

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi Mark, welcome to Geeks to Go. I suspect you have a malware problem. Work your way through the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum. It is great that you can boot into safe mode. You can do some cleanup. The guide I directed you to should help you get it done. :tazz: