Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turkish Google is taking over my web browser!

• Please log in to reply

lexysgl

lexysgl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

I use google chrome but I also have internet explorer, and both of them are doing the same thing. My google is set to turkish even though I'm in the UK. I'm not sure whats going on!
Google.co.uk, .com or any other search engine don't work at all. So most of the time I resign to just using the turkish one. Then on top of that I have that "Document has changed, redirecting" thing whenever I first click on a link.

I have tried to change my location/language through igoogle and on my google chrome settings but the page suddenly refreshes and English/UK is suddenly not available in the drop down menu. Then I tried to delete all my cookies and history but I suspect that has not worked because I can still view my history. I run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware every week and it has never picked anything up.

Please help if you can I am beyond confused and so so frustrated!

Thank you,
Lexy

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
I need your OTL log before I can tell you what is wrong.

http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

If you get two logs please copy and paste them both.

Ron