Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is someone spying on my pc?

• Please log in to reply

koda66

koda66

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a really dumb question. :tazz:
I am getting a weird noise on my pc about every 3-5 minutes. It sounds like a camera whirring and then a "click" like someone or something took a picture of my pc. I have tried and tried to find out what this could be to no avail!! It is driving me crazy because it's making it hard to even listen to music. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?? I'm not really good at messing with my pc so I have no idea what to do ;) I am running Windows XP Pro. Have AVG antivirus,Adaware SE, Spybot and Zone Alarm
Thanks so much ;)

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Do you have a webcam?

koda66

koda66

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nope, no webcam. Haven't had one on here in a looong time. My old one isn't XP compatible.

Edited by koda66, 30 May 2005 - 12:56 PM.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Mabye (if you have one) it's just your pc system speaker making the weird noises. Open up your comp box and unplug the system speaker from the motherboard.

Hope that works.

koda66

koda66

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
;) oh jeez... I feel soo stupid!! I found out what was making the whir click noise by the simple deduction of turning programs off and on. I had Weather Pulse installed on my computer and that was what was making the noise. Don't know why though. It may have had spyware in it...not sure. But I do thank the people who made suggestions for my problem. This is a great forum. :tazz: Have a great day everyone!! ;)

Edited by koda66, 01 June 2005 - 12:03 PM.