Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DG43NB Audio Problem

• Please log in to reply

decentboy

decentboy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello I have Windows XP SP2 I have DG43NB Intel. I was installing Board Drivers from the using the cd express installer. The installer installed audio drivers & it was written successful & when it was installing other drivers my pc restarted due to come hard disk problem anyways when windows restarted.
Windows is showing All audio drivers installed but there is no sound, no icon of sound at the right bottom near clock.
I tried to uninstall it but there is no option. I tried to reinstall it but it saying you have current audio drivers. I have tried almost everything i have checked from Bios audio is enabled. From the website of intel through JAVA it detected that i have current audio drivers. I downloaded around 60 mb audio drivers setup & it installed audio drivers & asked for restart, after restart it still the same.

Now i can see only 1 option left & that is reinstalling windows. If there is any other option to enable audio on my pc Please let me know.

Thanks.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi decentboy :)
First suggestion is to install XP SP3, this may automatically resolve the issue.
If not download the suitable audio drivers from http://downloadcente...op Board DG43NB either save the drivers to a thumb drive or disk, uninstall all audio drivers + the device itself, restart your computer and allow the hardware wizard to set up the device for you, install the saved drivers if the generic windows version do not work, good luck and let us know how it works out.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

my pc restarted due to come hard disk problem

what happened...
run chkdsk /r on the drive