Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont connect to internet, need drivers

• Please log in to reply

Chintapop

Chintapop

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Hello

I have windows xp on a compaq sr1334nx that has some problems. I reformatted and reinstalled windows, but i am missing all default icons on my desktop except for the recycling bin. Also, my computer can not find the internet adapter. It is missing drivers for a few things but i cant install them because i am offline. I also cant start system recovery upon the boot screen for some reason, and can not find the compaq recovery program anywhere. I do, however, have the recovery partition and discs.

Please help me fix these problems!

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
You should be able to get all the drivers your need from the manufacturer website.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
And additonally to that if you have reformatted and reinstalled windows there will NOT now be a system recovery.

Additionally
You may have forgotten since you first installed WinXP, but that's the way
it is. After a fresh install, the only icon on the Desktop is the Recycle
Bin.

Other than that follow the advice from Cold Titanium and install the chipset driver collection FIRST