Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

False Secirity Center Warnings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Bob_C

Bob_C

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Thanks for the reply. Things are running pretty smoothly. I'll be away from the computer after Wednesday morning for a while. So, thank you. I see you coffee notice. I wish I had a P.O. Box instead.
aswMBR version 0.9.6.399 Copyright© 2011 AVAST Software
Run date: 2011-06-21 08:19:38
-----------------------------
08:19:38.156 OS Version: Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
08:19:38.156 Number of processors: 1 586 0x401
08:19:38.156 ComputerName: BOB-3CDE5CE5327 UserName: Bob
08:19:39.937 AVAST engine 6.0.1125 defs: 11062100
08:19:39.937 Initialize success
08:19:43.703 Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP2T0L0-e
08:19:43.734 Disk 0 Vendor: ST3160815AS 4.AAB Size: 152627MB BusType: 3
08:19:45.781 Disk 0 MBR read successfully
08:19:45.781 Disk 0 MBR scan
08:19:45.812 Disk 0 Windows XP default MBR code
08:19:47.812 Disk 0 scanning sectors +312560640
08:19:47.843 Disk 0 scanning C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
08:19:55.218 Service scanning
08:19:56.187 Disk 0 trace - called modules:
08:19:56.203 ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys atapi.sys hal.dll intelide.sys PCIIDEX.SYS
08:19:56.203 1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0x823d0a18]
08:19:56.203 3 CLASSPNP.SYS[f84d405b] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP2T0L0-e[0x82366d98]
08:19:56.203 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32
08:21:06.140 Scan finished successfully
08:21:44.437 Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Desktop\MBR.dat"
08:21:44.453 The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Desktop\aswMBR.txt"

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Thank you for considering donation. I appreciate it.

Your logs and system are clean now. I'm glad we fix up your computer. We need to clean up your PC from programs we used.

Step 1

Please start OTL one more time and click CleanUp button. OTL will restart your system at the end. Remove all other application we used to clean your PC.

General recommendations

Here are some recommendations you should follow to minimize infection risk in the future:

1. Enable Windows Update
  • Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
  • Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them option.
  • Click OK button

2. Delete Temp files

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

3. Make Backups of Important Files

Please read this article Home Computer Data Backup.

4. Regularly update your software

To eliminate design flaws and security vulnerabilities, all software needs to be updated to the latest version or the vendor’s patch installed.

You should download Update Checker from here. The program will automaticly check for newer version of software installed on your system.

Bob_C

Bob_C

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I followed the directions. TFC went fine. Do I keep TFC and run it on my own? Or should I discard it? Also, the link to the backup article is "dead". Finally, the update checker wants me to download .NetFramework (apparently a 2.0 version from microsoft that's needed) before it will allow itself to install. Should I say OK to downloading .NetFramework? I sure don't want to start some new mixed up things.
Final stuff: should I keep malwarebytes and spywareblaster?
You're a champ. Thank you. If I ever get savvy enough to start PayPal, I'll try to look you up on this forum, if that's possible. Otherwise, I'll have to donate to charity. I assume this topic will evaporate at some point and I'll have to give up maliprog, "my security blanket". So THANK YOU!!!!

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi Bob_C,

You can leave TFC and Malwarebytes for future use. You can remove Spywareblaster if you leave Malwarebytes but it is your call :unsure:.

Some application needs .NetFramework to work. If you don't have that demands from application you use then you don't need to install it.

Goodbye and stay safe :)

Bob_C

Bob_C

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Hi Bob_C,

You can leave TFC and Malwarebytes for future use. You can remove Spywareblaster if you leave Malwarebytes but it is your call :unsure:.

Some application needs .NetFramework to work. If you don't have that demands from application you use then you don't need to install it.

Goodbye and stay safe :)

You have been fantastic. Thank you again and Good Bye.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.