Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD rewrite

• Please log in to reply

Tommy Timebomb

Tommy Timebomb

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi,
I have a LG GSA-4081b DVD rewrite that I am trying to get firmware for.

The LG support page says this model is discontinued and offers no downloads for it.
Doing a google search has not helped, from what I can make out the latest version was "lg A1041 firmware" but even this is impossible to find.

Has anyone any suggestions for me, the drive plays the media but cannot write to it so I'm not sure if its the actual drive or lack of anything that makes it tick... If you know what I mean??
TIA
Tom.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi Tommy Timebomb
It is possible that your burning software is the issue, your drive may have come with Nero originally
http://www.nero.com/...ds-nbl-free.php but you can also try http://cdburnerxp.se/ as an alternative.

Tommy Timebomb

Tommy Timebomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks Phillpower,
I Have made a few adjustments here and there IE made the drive secondary master etc and found what I believe to be the correct firmware on "dangerous brothers" website.
Just putting it all to the test now and I do believe I've cracked it.

Thanks for your info. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thanks for the update Tommy I hope your plan works out for you.