Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

NEC Monitor Broken?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

For the last 10 months or so, whenever booting up, my NEC monitor would flash a quick 'Out of Range' message, then go black during boot (but my TV would display).

Then, once into windows, the LCD Monitor would come on, and all was well.

This morning, the LCD Monitor didnt come on during boot. It's now black the whole time, even once windows starts. I see a green (not amber/orange) light on the monitor.

It is a Multisync LCD 1700V.

The On-Screen-Display does not work, hitting the buttons has no effect.

Does anyone have any helpful ideas?

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Why dont you just try adjustin your resolutions to basic 600 by 480 with 16/32 along with fairly low refresh rate like 60 to 75 using a different moniter an then if it works try attaching your old moniter, perhaps youl hav to restart but hopefully it willl work... mines kinda twitch like taht... out of range does generally refer to the refresh rate, thats wat little i know, so try it and Peace be with You