Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deep Freeze Program won't let computer start

• Please log in to reply

Tamayo87

Tamayo87

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I disabled my deep freeze on my computer to let it update. After the updates were downloaded and installed I froze my computer with deep freeze again. Now everytime I turn on my computer it says system is configuring, then reverting changes due to failure to configure windows updates and it shuts down and restarts. What do I do? I can't even get on the computer. Can I stop the updates from the setup utility F2 window or boot manager F12? Or disable deep freeze from those windows?

Advertisements

Tamayo87

Tamayo87

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for replying. The only thing is it won't let me even log on to the computer before this message appears and it shuts down. Then Im stuck in this loop all over again. It starts, says it's updating, then reverting changes and it shuts down. I tried hitting F8 and doing a system restore. It all goes fine until the end when an error window shows up. I'm guessing that's the deep freeze working?

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello Tamayo87: :)

At this point I could only suggest please don't I repeat please don't use any registry cleaner or a fix at your own as this may worsen the whole situation. Kindly wait for the advice from Trusted Helper

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would boot to the advance boot menu and choose Last Known Good Configuration That Worked.
Usually you can get to this by tapping F8 during bootup.