Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Netbook Boot Error

• Please log in to reply

edub817

edub817

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi guys, I have a problem with my HP Netbook (HP Mini 110) that I hope someone can help me out with.

I've had the Netbook for a few years, no problems at all until just recently. While I was at work, my wife told me she was getting an error message about a boot device. She couldn't remember the actual error message and by the time I got home to look at it, it was just stuck in a boot loop.

When I first turn it on, I get the HP logo, then the XP logo, then a reboot and I get the black screen that asks me if I want to boot into Safe Mode.

I eventually turned off crash reboot and here's the STOP message I'm getting:

0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86577B00, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

My wife tried to return it to Best Buy today to have them repair it since it's still under warranty, but they said it's software related and not covered. So it's up to me.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

-E

UPDATE: After selecting boot logging, I'm getting the following message:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Edited by edub817, 12 June 2011 - 07:49 PM.

Advertisements