Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems since reinstalling clean copy of windows

• Please log in to reply

vanillarose

vanillarose

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
So my laptop got bad virus and i went ahead and reinstalled its all anew. compelte clean copy of windows. well somehow, it made copies if windwos 3 differnt times and it was earing up sspace onn my c drive to point i had less thana gigabyye left. Once i figred out problem, i deleted all but one copy of windows and i got back tons of space, BUT it was was deleting and such it popped up warnings sayin that delting certain fels might harm pc, i took a chance anyway becuae who needs that many copies taking up space right? all was workiong well until. Everythign was runnign fast and new, had more free space and ram left. well, this morning i go to start it up and it wont boot up, it poppedup somehtring called "start up r epar" and then it went to blue screen and said something. h mph. i tired to repair it but ti said it cannot repair automstically. what do i do?

Advertisements

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
If you have no data to lose on the drive, try doing another fresh install of Windows, but this time, go into advanced drive options and delete all the current partitions (this option comes up when it asks you what partition to install Windows on). This will give you a truly fresh install of Windows. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

but this time, go into advanced drive options and delete all the current partitions (this option comes up when it asks you what partition to install Windows on)

Be careful with this because if you have a Recovery Partition on your system and no recovery disks you will not be able to recover your system.

vanillarose

vanillarose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
\I ended up having to choose "restore to factory settings" and so far its working well. I have recovery cd's...i think im not sure. is it same thign has windows install cd? that came wiht my laptop?

alos since doing this, i cant get my wirelsss to work. i have a netgear usb wiress adapter and my modem is aliek a wirelss modem. (note: i DO NOT haver regualr wi fi on my laptop but that hasnt matterd before) I reinstalled the netgear fomr its oroginal cd and ig et strong signal fomr my modem but it sut wont connect, whats teh issue?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

(note: i DO NOT haver regualr wi fi on my laptop but that hasnt matterd before)

Please explain and also are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 18 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.