Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing the screen from a laptop need help Getting Signal and Power&#

• Please log in to reply

imtheman39

imtheman39

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, today I took apart my dads old HP laptop so that I could remove the screen and turn it into a super thin free tv. I got everything apart but the only problem is I dont know how to get an input signal into the 40 pin female connector that comes off of the screen. Also there is a black wire also coming out which I am assuming is the ground but then where is the power. How can I get a signal to this screen and how should I go about powering it. It is a LG LP150X08. I will include a picture of the monitor.Thak you in advance.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by imtheman39, 13 June 2011 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements

gorham

gorham

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I don't know of anyway to do this. Even if you could power it up you can't change channels/ there's no tv tunner in it. You'd be better off putting it back together and doing something like this:

http://lifehacker.co...ounted-computer

imtheman39

imtheman39

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just need it to be able to be connected to a small DVD player or set up as another monitor for my mac. The rest of the computer was fried so im trying to bring some of it back to life. Im guessing there has to be an adapter for the 40 pin connector...somewhere.