CD-ROM not recognizing Media Disk
Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:37 PM
Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:29 PM
Edited by skifxr, 13 June 2011 - 11:51 PM.
Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:28 AM
Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:32 AM
Broni's canned speech:
One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
5. Go to Microsoft's site http://support.micro..._drive_problems and follow the steps.
6. Try the guide at this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
Thank's to Broni for the instructions
Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:49 AM
Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:08 AM
Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:35 AM
Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:11 PM
Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:12 PM
Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:41 PM
The laptop drive would be a little more work but it too can be replaced. I wouldn't recommend a external unless you have the need to move the drive from system to system or have no free connections in the system to connect to.
Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:07 PM
Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:28 PM
Go HERE and you can read and see steop by step instructions on removing and replacing a cdrom drive.
Your connections may be different but the basic removal and reinstallation will be exactly the same.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users