Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC got attacked

• Please log in to reply

Annamarie

Annamarie

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello: I appreciate your help. I just don’t know what to do. Saturday night when I turned my computer on I got a message saying I had been attacked. The next thing that happened was that I couldn’t go online or get emails. When I tried to shut it off it would not let me so I had to turn off. I need to explain that my Kapersky antivirus started giving me messages that I had 12 days left and needed to upgrade. It was not giving me the protection service I paid for. I had to do a recovery because Kapersky would start saying recovery, 10, 9, etc. I installed Avast to scan the pc. I did this offline, when it told me I did not have anything I deleted it from my programs. Then I proceeded to install 2011 Kapersky but there is something still wrong because today when it started it said Kapersky recovery 10, 9, etc and after a while I had all the programs. I tried doing the Hijackthis and it did not copy it to the notepad. I tried copying it and pasting it and couldn’t do it. What do you suggest? I need to find out what has invaded my PC.

I thank you for your help,

sunnymarie

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Go to this part of the forum for malware help http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

Annamarie

Annamarie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I downloaded the OTL report and ran it. These are the logs it gave me. I don't know if there is anything wrong. Can you help me? Thank you so much for your kindness. Annamarie

Edited by rshaffer61, 08 July 2011 - 09:07 AM.
Removed malware log

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Jaycee should have explained his instructions a little more. We don't use those logs in this forum. You need to start a new topic in the malware forum and explain your issue along with including the above log for a malware tech to look at it there.

Annamarie

Annamarie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm sorry, did not know. Have a nice day!

sunnymarie