Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create an account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign In Create Account

Big drop in ranking new website

• Please log in to reply

ScottAz

ScottAz

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I own a small Document Shredding business and have an informational website mostly used for potential clients to find out what we do.

The site was old and I had it re-built a few weeks ago by the same guy that built a site for a competitor that does rank well. After the re-launch it almost never ranks in the top 10 on Google. It use to be 1st or 2nd.

I can't seem to get him to do anything for me and I know nothing about SEO or site programming.

I guess I need some tech guys to look over my site and tell me what went wrong and how it can be fixed?

www.UltimateShred.com is the web address.

I sure would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Similar Topics: Big drop in ranking new website     x

modernsavage

modernsavage

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 51 posts
Hi Scott.

I can see that your web designer knows nothing at all about SEO. This is unusual with web designers in my experience.

Having had a look at the source for your website I would suggest the following alterations that would at least help you with the basics.

You need to get your a key phrase in the title tag for you pages. You main page has the work index in the title tag. This is a hugh waste and proves that your designer knows nothing about SEO. No SEO guy would ever do that.

Also you need to doc type at the top and make sure the pages are valid. Also the Javascript powered links are making it difficult for Google to see the other pages. enter the following into Google and you will see what I mean:-

site:www.ultimateshred.com

Finally you need to get more inbound links from other sites.

There is a lot more to SEO but you need to get the very basics right first.

ScottAz

ScottAz

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Thanks very much for the reply.

I am NOT a computer guy and the one I hired obviously isn't as bright as I thought he was.

How would I go about finding an affordable way to do this. Remember I know nothing about doing this type of thing.

modernsavage

modernsavage

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 51 posts
I would offer to do it myself but I wouldn't want to work in conflict with your IT guy. You might want to checkout freelancer.co.uk if it's just one off alterations you are looking for.

ScottAz

ScottAz

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I am not sure he will be my IT guy for much longer.

I do appreciate the information.

Thanks again,

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured