Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore acer to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

BreezeRichards

BreezeRichards

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've got numerous problems with my Acer aspire 4920, the main one being that it won't let me download itunes after i uninstalled it. I really want to restore the laptop to factory settings and have a nice fresh laptop to restart with. Other instructions have told me that I need to enable something in my system BIOS before restarting the computer and then using an F key. I know how to get to my system BIOS but I don't know what to do from there.

I'm really not very good with this so idiot language would be much appreciated and some screen shots if anybody has time please.

Thank you

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
You need to look in your notebook manual. It will tell you how to do a factory restore. If you don't have the manual, you should be able to download it from Acer.