This is Ron. Ztruker has asked me to work with you directly so as to speed up the process.
Let's do the SFC a bit differently:
Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Type with an Enter after each line:
copy cbs.log cbs.old
findstr /c:"[SR]" cbs.log > junk.txt
attach the file \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt to your next reply.
After you do the above, continue in the Command window with:
(Press Start in the new window. This will check your drivers. If you just get a few when it finishes tell me what they are. If you get a lot just look for those with newish dates (since about the time the problem started.))
Submit your reply now before going on.
Close the Command Window.
1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check. C:
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Check both boxes and then click Start.
You will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, but don't restart yet.
Right click on (My) Computer and select Manage (Continue) Then the Event Viewer. Next select Windows Logs. Right click on System and then Clear Log, Clear. Repeat for Application. Reboot. The disk check will run and will probably take an hour or more to finish.
1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rossohttp://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:
1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.
I'm also going to send you a PM with some scans I want you to run. I'm not supposed to use them in this forum so please copy and paste them into a reply to my PM. Do not post them.