Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

defender.exe w32 worm fake security trojan that shuts down almost ever

• Please log in to reply

jjitalia

jjitalia

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi everyone,
Got a newer version of the spyware / defender.exe protector trojan. i was able to bypass and shut it down by ending the process in the task manager, then ran avg and it kicked a couple files out. It was gone for 24 hours and the hidden files reactivated it. it rewrites your log in script to automatically load, and corrupts a lot of misc and program files. I logged into safe mode with networking and ran avg through cmd. it kicked 6 more files and fixed 2. I installed and ran malwarebytes .mbam and that kicked 25 more files. i took off avg after running it twice and not finding anything when malwarebytes found 25 probs. i updated java / and recieved panda cloud. as of now i don't encounter any problems, but my sec program is still blocking pop ups when i log in. I suspect there is still something in here. below is a list of hijack this log, if anyone sees anything and can help completely fix these bugs i would appreciate it. I've spent 6 hours to get it here.

not letting me run as admin. for hijack this. help with that and ill get report. thanks

Advertisements