Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Computer Bad Preformance

• Please log in to reply

KhanGirey

KhanGirey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently bought 8gigs or ram and a 550gtx yet when I play games like mount and blade which is perfectly playable with a single core processor it lags a lot when there are many of people on screen. Also on games like Battleground Europe WWII online which is a 5 year old game that doesn't even have polished textures I can only get and Fps of around 8-20. Also on CSS it lags quite a bit on some maps that have alot of HDR for some reason. I know I have a computer capable of running Crysis 2 yet even games that are old it lags for some reason. I ran a virus scan, defragged, cleared my cache but still nothing.

Advertisements

Astrosiphic

Astrosiphic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Have you made sure the driver for the graphics card is up to date and installed correctly?

KhanGirey

KhanGirey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for reminding me updating now. Just wondering how does this affect it if the gameplay. I understand in a nutshell but if you could elaborate.

KhanGirey

KhanGirey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just updated but still nothing