Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen of death :-(

• Please log in to reply

khamaar

khamaar

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
hi,i got a new hard drive about an year ago.it is western digital 320GB SATA/8mb cache.(WD3200AAJS).it worked fine till some time ago when one day i suddenly had a blue screen.i took help from uguys and posted the sort of code at the end of tht blue screen.ur response of tht error was a change of my SATA cable.i did and i was glad it was fine....recently i started having such problems..i changed the sata cables nd it started working..but this last time,not even changing the sata cable would resolve my problem.i changed the cables yet another time.it seems the window is starting normally but the syatem reboots every single time...i tried connecting my hard disk to another SATA harddisk in another computer keeping it as a secondary but it the window of tht other system fails to start and the otherpc reboots too...now tht system starts normally when this hard disk of mine is not connected.(and yeah dnt think tht i boot frm this problematic hard drive when i connect it to tht other system)..
so the bottom line is...i cant access it in any way..a fres windows intallation wont work either.cuz i face the blue screen again...i got loads of imp data on tht hard disk :-( plzz help me out...and yeah the code i get on blue screen while installing a fresh windows is given below

0x000000A (0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80826976)

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello khamaar:

Please check MS-KB314063 and post back

khamaar

khamaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thank you Sir!

I went through the page which u provided, i concluded that Since,

1) My hard disk doesnt allow a new installation of windows xp.
2) My hard disk doesnt allow Windows Repair.
3) My hard disk though is detected it doesnt allow, windows of other hard disks to start, when i pair it up with the other hard disks, (with the intention of removing bad sectors from this one, through those other working hard disks)

there fore, i will try recovery console....But i dont know what to do there....? what should i do in recovery console?

Now i will try to install ubunto through bootable flash drive on the affected hard disk...I just want access to the drives of the hard disks, so i can repair those bad sectors, or wat ever is causing the problem...

Please dont lose me, i desperately need help...