Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD problems and more

• Please log in to reply

anuvab1911

anuvab1911

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
In the last few days,my PC has been giving many BSOD errors,hangs in the middle while playing games like GTA SA or Counter Strike,restarts abnormally without warning and sometimes on restarting the monitor doesn't turn on.And yes I am using a software called Speccy to know my system specs.In the RAM section,it says
Unknown system error: 0x8004100c

/*Image attached for proof*/
The MOBO temperature is alarming(86-90 deg C;I think it should have been Farenheit else my PC should now have been in flames).

I also installed WhoCrashed and it gave the following report

*****start*******
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: ANUVAB-CE5C55F3
windows version: Windows XP Service Pack 2, 5.1, build: 2600
windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 1.80GHz Intel586, level: 15
1 logical processors, active mask: 1
RAM: 1064812544 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2059165696

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 6/17/2011 2:35:33 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061711-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x37602)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8054B907, 0xFFFFFFFFA9725B5C, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys
product: avast! Antivirus System
company: AVAST Software
description: avast! Virtualization Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software).
Google query: aswsnx.sys AVAST Software KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Sun 6/12/2011 8:35:39 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061211-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x23DC8)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFAA12C577, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF804FADC8, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 6/11/2011 4:46:00 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061111-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: igxpdx32.dll (igxpdx32+0x198D9D)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFE5B94003, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBF320D9D, 0x2)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\igxpdx32.dll
product: Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows NT®
company: Intel Corporation
description: DirectDraw® Driver for Intel® Graphics Technology
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igxpdx32.dll (DirectDraw® Driver for Intel® Graphics Technology, Intel Corporation).
Google query: igxpdx32.dll Intel Corporation CUSTOM_ERROR

*******end*******

I also ran memtest86 and it failed the first test at overall test progress of 11%.
(I had heard it must pass at least 7 tests)

Please help me out.

Attached Thumbnails

• err.JPG

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if memtest finds any errors you MUST replace the bad stick of ram...
second problem is you don't have service pack 3 installed...that means you have not gotten any updates since july leaving you basically unprotected from the newest exploits
remove all the ram except 1 stick...test with memtest for 3 hours or until you find a error...if you get even 1 error the ram is bad...try all the sticks individually keeping any good ones and discarding any that failed

anuvab1911

anuvab1911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thank you happyrock.Then according to you, I have to replace the RAM.
And yes a query,does running my PC with a defective RAM affect my motherboard or any components of the machine?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

according to you, I have to replace the RAM.

no...that is the test RAM manufactures will have you use use and if it fails with any errors they replace it

does running my PC with a defective RAM affect my motherboard or any components of the machine

I'm not sure because running it with bad ram usually makes windows so unstable that the computer keeps crashing and/or hanging