Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Problem

• Please log in to reply

Derek1942

Derek1942

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help please!

I am operating under Windows 7 and my Interner Explorer is the 64 bit version.

From about 2 weeks ago I have started getting an error screen that results in the termination of my session.

It reads something like 'Internet Explorer has stopped working. Problem caused program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program and notify you if a solution as available'

I have so far taken Tools-Internet Options-Choose 'Advanced' - Reset.....but it has had no effect.

I do not get this problem if I revert to the ordinary version of Internet Explorer (32 bit version?)

I use Yahoo for my mail could this be a Yahoo problem ? Not sure where to go now.

Would really appreciate any help available.

Many thanks.

Derek

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello Derek1942

If you are running a 32bit of an operating system and are trying to use 64bit software then this will not work. If you are running a 64bit operating system then you may want to try a different browser. I would advise to use either Google Chrome or Safari.

Thanks

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I do not get this problem if I revert to the ordinary version of Internet Explorer (32 bit version?)

Sadly, while Microsoft is ready for 64-bit, the rest of the Internet is still way behind. Adobe Flash is a perfect example. So until the rest of the Internet catches up, it is probably best to stick with 32-bit IE. I suspect the rest of the Internet will catch up to 64-bit about the time 128-bit operating systems become commonplace. :)

Derek1942

Derek1942

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for that - appreciated!

Derek1942