Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

other user only option on boot

• Please log in to reply

Bryant529

Bryant529

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I struggled with the redirect virus for quite a while before sucessfuly removing it. However i seem to have forgotten to restore the regestry so there were a few dangling problems. I do a system restore back to before i had the virus, but now every time i try to start my laptop it takes me to the other user option. No other option is avlable. This is true for safemode, safe mode with cmd and any other f8 option. I can acess the f2 and f12 menu. I have a vostro 1510 running vista. Is there a password/user name for the "other user" option? Any help would be the best, thanks. Also i got a vista "boot disk" will this clear my hard drive as i want to avoid that at all costs.

Edited by Bryant529, 21 June 2011 - 09:12 PM.

Advertisements