Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow dsl connection....at&t already came out

• Please log in to reply

bergz22

bergz22

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
For the past three or four days I've been having a really slow internet connection. I have at&t dsl, and pay for a max of 1.5mbps. I called and talked to at&t and they did their thing on the phone and said there was a problem with the lines and needed to send out a service tech. The tech came out and checked the lines, said everything was ok. He was getting 1.2 to 1.3 mbps hooked up to my ethernet cable with his computer. We tried my laptop which is wireless and we also got the same results. We figured there was something wrong with my computer, but now both my laptop and computer are back to .20 mbps. I updated the ethernet card driver, and also ran a couple of virus/spyware scans, nothing did the trick.

Advertisements

bergz22

bergz22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
I have now found out that when my pc is physically disconnected the internet speed test on my laptop is 1.2 to 1.3 mbps, right where it is supposed to be. When my pc is hooked up, it goes back down to .2 to .3 mbps.